From the Desk of BeeTrue:

"Make reflection a part of your daily activity. It is in doing that you will find the catalyst for evolution."-BeeTrue

Friday, July 31, 2009

UmmIbn

Just call me UmmIbn, because Umm means Mother of and Ibn means son of, and since I'm the Mother of my son can anyone tell me who he's the son of? A nation that was taught to hate instead of love. I'm tired of history repeating that same old song, no father in the house, and it's been centuries too long. For me to tell that same tired story, complaining about restless nights and days are slowly passing me by, written in permanent ink so I won't ask why. Where is the baton? Abi's getting too old to be a prominent example for Shakur, Salim and Abdus Salaam.


So just call me UmmIbn, because Umm means Mother of and Ibn means son of, and since I'm the Mother of my son can anyone tell me who he's the son of? I have slowly forgotten, because I'm Mother and father, and since Islam is supposed to make the difference I want to know why you chose me to dishonor? See I was raised for that special moment every little girl dreams about, when a man gives his hand, to a man who takes his daughter's hand, and the end result are two hands, locking under the mistletoe of unity. So where is the baton? If you are not around, you can't hand it to Isa, Siddiq and Imran.


So I chose the label UmmIbn, because Umm means Mother of and Ibn means son of, and since I'm the Mother of my son can anyone tell me who he's the son of? My skin is no longer soft and words are not softly-spoken, I am now not the beautiful token of Islam. More like a tired, run down woman, with no protection from this land. I am now aggressive and angry, petite but not dainty, but I can remember those days faintly. Because they were too long ago, and now I have to go, out daily to make ends meet, and I have to deal with Robert, Tom and Pete. While they whisper about my beauty. Because you dropped the baton instead of handing it down to Hassan, Musa and Sha'baan


So my title is UmmIbn, because Umm means Mother of and Ibn means son of, and since I'm the Mother of my son can anyone tell me who he's the son of? There is no father figure, and since my figure is not showing it makes my options slimmer. Islam narrows my mind but I am not narrow minded, The deen dictates I choose, from faith and truth, but if no one is living true, then what is left to do? Soon I'll have to walk into other religious sanctuaries just like christians and jews, and maybe I'll find a Mr. Do and change my last name to don't, so that this time I won't have to play two roles ultimately. So I'll ask once again, where is the Baton? That you were supposed to carry along until it was time, to pass it on to Muzzamil, Qasim and Ridwan?


I'll never give up on you, it's just that I had to make a decision. So just call me UmmIbn.


© 2009 Firm Entertainment

No comments:

Post a Comment