From the Desk of BeeTrue:

"Make reflection a part of your daily activity. It is in doing that you will find the catalyst for evolution."-BeeTrue

Friday, January 7, 2011

Part 1

Untitled


And if I held my breath I'd probably go unconscious
From waiting on your shallow promise-s
I promise
I gave my life to you
My womb
My time
My rights to you
And you threw it back at me
Gladly
And never looked back
Like you were never happy
Like my hips never bore your children
My limbs didn't console your feelings
My prayers never gave you healin'
My heart didn't break from revealin'
For-real then
I give up on you
Cause you gave up on earth
AND your worth back when
And I won't search through history cuz statistically if you're not here now
Than it don't mean S*** to me
Needless to say
I probably wouldn't find you there anyway...


It's something I couldn't hold in after a conversation I had with a friend over the weekend about the state of the black man. It's not finished but this flew out.

No comments:

Post a Comment