From the Desk of BeeTrue:

"Make reflection a part of your daily activity. It is in doing that you will find the catalyst for evolution."-BeeTrue

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Affectionately

A poem dedicated to my late brother,

Dear Antony Watts-Abdul-Matin A. Haqq

With our white sheets we'll meet once again
We'll greet, we'll speak, and sip tea once again
Just not for a minute, or a year or two
But while we're separated
Please visit me for a few
Tell me about your departure
Although without you it'll be harder
I won't bother shed a tear
I know those that go straight to Allah, don't answer to Munkar and Nakir
So all I ask is while you're there
Existing in the distance between you, I, and here
Make Du'a that only of Him I fear
And that thought of Him should be my only steer
I can remember late nights we'd laugh my dear
Just like it was last night my dear
Indeared, through your absence, to Az-Zaahir
Existing without existence
In pure hearts He peers
Sometimes I look at the door
And you're still not here
Realizing
That visualizing
Is only a fantasy
And that fantasizing is only enchanting me
It's not a reality
For me
Remembering you is something I can't do
Which doesn't mean I've forgotten the remembrance of you
Rather that pangs of division shoot through
But He says that true lovers will unite
So here I am
Waiting
Praying
On my knees each night
Bowing
Raising my hands
While my pleas take flight
Divine words I'll recite
To get me through this dim life
So awakened I'll be, and again companions we'll be
We'll talk, we'll laugh, sit under His tree,
Knee to knee
And it will no longer be poetry
But the meeting of you, I, and my decree
With our white sheets we'll meet once again
We'll greet, we'll speak, and sip tea once again
But I won't shed a tear
My word I like to keep
Because I know you're better off with Him
Than here with me
So, on you I wish peace.
Affectionately,
Your sister Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment